Skip to main content

Crafting Conscious Fashion: Creating a collection that only uses Sustainable and Recycled materials

In the ever-evolving landscape of fashion, the call for sustainability has never been louder. As consumers become more conscious of the environmental and ethical impact of their purchases, the demand for eco-friendly alternatives continues to rise. We embraced this challenge head-on, by creating a 100% vegan, recycled and cruelty free collection for one of our clients.

Our Fabrics:
  • 100% recycled polyester

We sourced the highest quality recycled polyester (rPET, recycled polyethylene terephthalate), for which we have GRS certificates. Recycled polyester is created through a process that involves collecting and processing post-consumer plastic waste, typically plastic bottles, into new polyester fiber.

  • Coffee-Cycled Vegan Leather

We sourced recycled vegan leather made from 30% recycled coffee grounds and 70% recycled water bottles. All our vegan leather fabrics have PU water-based coatings only.

Why coffee grounds? Globally, we consume over 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day. Only 0.2 percent of a coffee bean is used to brew a cup of coffee, with the rest 99.8% going to waste. Coffee grounds that go to landfill release the greenhouse gas, methane, which is 25 times more potent than carbon dioxide over a 100-year period.

Using fabrics made from this coffee waste is an innovative way for us to produce garments that are not only cruelty-free, but also 100% recycled and better for our planet.

  • Piñatex

Piñatex is a plant-based, non-woven material made from pineapple leaf fibre. We used this sustainable textile in our jackets and bags to add a leather-look and feel to our vegan products. Through waste valorisation, Piñatex reduces the amount of pineapple leaves being burnt, which in turn reduces CO2 emissions.

  • Thermore Ecodown®

A sustainable and cruelty free alternative to down, Thermore Ecodown® is a high quality, durable thermal insulation made from recycled fibres from post-consumer plastic water bottles. Synthetic down doesn’t get mouldy and is allergen free, but resembles animal derived down as it is soft, light and warm.

With each jacket we made using the 100% recycled Thermore Ecodown® alternative, we removed the equivalent of 10 used PET bottles from the ocean or landfill.

Interested in producing recycled, cruelty free or vegan products? Or switching to more sustainable and eco friendly fabrics and fastenings? Contact us to see how we can work together.